I’ve decided that what I really enjoy is trail running. For some reason, I find it much easier to run out on the trail than I do on the road. So my goal is to run in at least one trail race every month.
I’m going to train for the LA Marathon in March of 2013, but I haven’t registered for it yet. Between now and then, I’ll be doing the Xterra trail runs and a few half-marathons provided I don’t injure myself.
I had an ugly avg. pace on my first half-marathon, but with the right training…I’m looking to change that
- Into the Wild Black Star Canyon 9.2k Trail Run: Saturday, January 12, 2013
- Wild Horse Trail Half Marathon: Sunday, January 27, 2013
- Surf City Half Marathon: February 3, 2013
- Lost Trail Half-Marathon: March 2, 2013
- Malibu Half-Marathon: November 11, 2012 | First half-marathon ever!
- Dana Point Turkey Trot: November 22, 2012
- Crystal Cove 6k Trail Run: Sunday, December 9, 2012 | 46th place | 35th in my gender | 5th in my age group | Official Chip Time = 39:55:5 (10:42/mi pace)
- Paramount Ranch 10k Trail Run: December 15, 2012 | 12th place | 2nd in my age group | Time = 1:05:25